- Through lectures, tutorials and laboratory activities to be carried out at the University or in laboratories, the program aims to train professionals able to apply multidisciplinary skills in research, production or service activities.
- The program offers two specializations: molecular pathology and forensic biology.
- Stimulating and dynamic study environment
- In the pathological-molecular curriculum, specific aspects of pathophysiology or neurobiology are examined in depth, the forensic biology curriculum is characterized by special focus on methodologies related to forensic investigations (such as forensic applications of botany, entomology, biochemistry and genetics) both from the point of view of the collection of findings and from the point of view of molecular study and data processing through statistical methods.
Students participate in competition examination. Admission requirements can be found in the admission announcement. Enrollment stages are the following:
- Standard (September)
- Postponed (October/December): if places are still available
After the publication of the final ranking, admitted students can enroll by paying the first fee instalment. Non-EU students can participate in a specific call (March / April); Pre-registration on universitaly.it is required
For the announcement of admission, the attachments and further information consult the section dedicated to master’s degrees
The program offers ad hoc knowledge of the fundamental disciplines in the field of biology and of the different aspects of applied biology in the biomolecular field. There are two majors: pathological-molecular and forensic biology. The first one focuses on clinical biology, health, biomedical industry and health system. The second one – vice versa – focuses on scientific investigations. Practical activities are organized at the University laboratories or in affiliated laboratories. The degree allows students to access the Register for Biologists (section A) once they pass the National examination for qualification.
Undergraduates in the degree class of Biological Sciences or in other classes provided they meet specific curricular requirements. A list of the requirements and specific information on admission rules are reported in the Course Regulations, available at https://tinyurl.com/yc8xcwnd.
Training professionals with innovative skills oriented to higher education, research in the field of life sciences, working in technical-managerial roles in the industrial (pharmacological, biotechnological) and service sectors for the protection of health and the environment, as well as in scientific investigations
The pathological-molecular curriculum prepares students for technical-managerial roles in the industrial (pharmacological, biotechnological) and service sectors for the protection of health and the environment in public and private institutions; the Forensic Biology curriculum prepares professionals in the field of scientific investigations.
Fees, contributions and exemptions
Costs calculated based on family income (ISEE-University) and including:
- fee for the equal access to university studies (from 130€ to 160€);
- annual amount (from 0 (if ISEE-University <= € 22,000) to € 2,000);
Flat tax = €1,000 for international students (UE and non UE)
With a family income (ISEE-University < € 24,000) students are entitled to receive:
- Scholarship consisting of total exemption from taxes, cash share, canteen and accommodation service (for off-site students)
- Grants for international mobility
- Reduced rates for the use of sports facilities and cultural services d) Benefits for students completing their degrees within regulation time
Exclusively on grounds of merit, students can obtain:
- International mobility grants (Erasmus)
- Free accommodation and canteen services published in the call DUnicAL career program for student-athletes. Facilitated access to STEM programs
- prizes for excellent students
- higher scholarships for female students
Life on Campus
In the largest and best equipped campus in Italy students will experience the sense of a unique university community, sharing educational, recreational, sporting and cultural events with fellow colleagues and professors. The Campus is equipped with lecture rooms, a sports center, theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas, cafes, refreshment areas and other places for socialization, thus offering an extraordinary human and educational experience.Discover more
Services to Students
Unical is organized as an independent town that provides the best possible solutions of accommodation for students and staff living on campus, because it offers multiple services for study activities and for individual and collective well-being: libraries, the Language Learning Center, counselling and inclusion services. The Campus also includes a health center, a post office, a bank counter and a mindfulness dedicated area.Discover more
It complements and completes the services provided by the University of Calabria and has put into shape the idea of a British-American campus-style University. It encompasses 10 districts hosting the university residences, consisting of apartments with double and single rooms, living room, kitchen and toilets. In these districts there are common areas for study and recreational activities and sports, there are TV rooms, game rooms and gyms; launderettes and bike rental services are also available.Discover more
Request information for this course
If you want to know more about the Degree Course
For details on the contents of the individual courses, periods of training abroad, teachers, tutors, classrooms, laboratories, research centers, other structures and social initiatives visit the website of the Degree Course.Go to the institutional website