- The degree program lasts five years.
- Graduates will be able to develop a building work from its initial idea to its implementation
- The course provides specialized skills in the fields of recovery of the existing building heritage and in the design of earthquake-proof constructions
- The qualification is recognized at European level
- Graduates can enroll in the Roll of professional Engineers and Architects
- 13 design workshops and numerous activities in the field are part of the program
Topics and focus
- Mathematics and physics, drawing, history and survey of architecture, architectural, structural and urban design, building technologies, building restoration and recovery, elements of economics and law.
- Theoretical lectures and exercises, also carried out in distance mode
- Workshops dedicated to the development of individual and group projects.
- Supplementary educational activities (seminars, workshops, site visits, and internships), Erasmus mobility programs.
Students participate in an admission competition. Requirements are listed in the Call of Admission (June/July). Admission procedures are the following:
- Regular Admission: for the number of vacancies indicated in the call.
- Delayed admission: for vacancies (if any) in the Regular Admission. This procedure will be activated only if there are vacant places.
After the publication of the final ranking, admitted students can enroll, by paying the first fee instalment.
LM04 Architecture and Building Engineering-Architecture
The Master’s Degree in Building Engineering-Architecture, a five-year single-cycle degree course, combines knowledge of Civil Engineering and Architecture, drawing inspiration from the Italian cultural heritage of great engineers who developed extraordinary works of architecture and great architects who designed works of high engineering profile. According to the Directive 2005/36/CE, the title of Building Engineer-Architect is recognized at European level and allows to work as an Architect in all the member countries of the European Union. The title allows graduate to register in the professional Roll of Engineers and Architects.
Students with a secondary school diploma and students with another qualification obtained abroad and recognized as suitable. Students need to pass a national admission test. The subjects of the test are: general culture and logical reasoning, history, drawing and representation, physics and mathematics.
The degree course trains a complete professional figure in the field of building design, able to develop works that require architectural, urban planning, structural, technical and economic knowledge and to operate on the existing building stock, with actions of urban redevelopment and structural recovery, even in seismic areas.
– Design in professional practices and engineering companies
– Activities in companies specializing in the development of software for engineering and architecture
– Activities in plants manufacturing elements for the building industry
– Activities at institutions dealing with land planning and conservation of cultural heritage
Fees, contributions and exemptions
Costs calculated based on family income (ISEE-University) and including:
- fee for the equal access to university studies (from 130€ to 160€);
- annual amount (from 0 (if ISEE-University <= € 22,000) to € 2,000);
Flat tax = €1,000 for international students (UE and non UE)
With a family income (ISEE-University < € 24,000) students are entitled to receive:
- Scholarship consisting of total exemption from taxes, cash share, canteen and accommodation service (for off-site students)
- Grants for international mobility
- Reduced rates for the use of sports facilities and cultural services
- Benefits for students completing their degrees within regulation time
Exclusively on grounds of merit, students can obtain:
- International mobility grants (Erasmus)
- Free accommodation and canteen services published in the call DUnicAL career program for student-athletes. Facilitated access to STEM programs
- prizes for excellent students
- higher scholarships for female students
Discover the career of former students
Life on Campus
In the largest and best equipped campus in Italy students will experience the sense of a unique university community, sharing educational, recreational, sporting and cultural events with fellow colleagues and professors. The Campus is equipped with lecture rooms, a sports center, theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas, cafes, refreshment areas and other places for socialization, thus offering an extraordinary human and educational experience.Discover more
Services to Students
Unical is organized as an independent town that provides the best possible solutions of accommodation for students and staff living on campus, because it offers multiple services for study activities and for individual and collective well-being: libraries, the Language Learning Center, counselling and inclusion services. The Campus also includes a health center, a post office, a bank counter and a mindfulness dedicated area.Discover more
It complements and completes the services provided by the University of Calabria and has put into shape the idea of a British-American campus-style University. It encompasses 10 districts hosting the university residences, consisting of apartments with double and single rooms, living room, kitchen and toilets. In these districts there are common areas for study and recreational activities and sports, there are TV rooms, game rooms and gyms; launderettes and bike rental services are also available.Discover more
Request information for this course
If you want to know more about the Degree Course
For details on the contents of the individual courses, periods of training abroad, teachers, tutors, classrooms, laboratories, research centers, other structures and social initiatives visit the website of the Degree Course.Go to the institutional website