- The scientific and technological preparation is supported by wide experimental practice in didactic and research laboratories. Possibility to carry out a period of study abroad thanks to the numerous conventions signed with foreign universities
- Acquisition of knowledge and skills to address all issues related to the pharmaceutical sector
- Undergraduates in Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Technology can enroll in the Roll of Pharmacists and/or Chemists.
Topics and focus
Biology, chemistry, biochemistry, medicinal chemistry, pharmacotherapy, biotechnology, pharmaceutical technology and legislation, pathology, toxicology
- Theoretical lectures accompanied by exercises and laboratory activities
- Development of individual and group projects
- Contact and continuous discussions with teachers and tutors
- Curricular internships and experimental degree thesis
Students participate in a call for admission. Admission requirements are listed in the announcements:
- early (deadline May 30th): recommended to secure a place; high school seniors may also participate, students are admitted through a selective test TOLC
- standard (July/August)
- postponed (September/October), if there are still places available
Only those admitted can enroll. Non-EU students can participate in a specific call (March / April), pre-registration on universitaly.it is required
LM13 Pharmacy and Industrial Pharmacy
The program provides knowledge and skills aimed at the definition, design, analysis, research and development of drugs. Graduates are, in fact, experts of drug and health products (medical-surgical devices, sanitary ware, cosmetics, dietary, herbal products, diagnostic and chemical-clinical products, etc. …) and have the theoretical and practical skills necessary to exercise the profession of pharmacist, also considering the new services provided by pharmacies within the National Health Service.
A secondary school diploma or any other educational qualification recognized by the University is required. The ideal candidate is someone who prefers the scientific method and shows interest in chemical and biomedical sciences oriented to the therapy of human diseases and to the improvement of the quality of life.
The program aims to train experts of drugs, nutraceuticals and health products, with knowledge and skills in the chemical-pharmaceutical, technological, drug-toxicological, legislative and commercial fields of these products.
Undergraduates will find employment in chemical-pharmaceutical, cosmetic and dietary industries; public and private research centers; laboratories for the control of medicines and health products; pharmacovigilance, clinical monitoring and registration agencies; pharmacies throughout the country and local pharmaceutical services of the National Health Service.
Fees, contributions and exemptions
Costs calculated based on family income (ISEE-University) and including:
- fee for the equal access to university studies (from 130€ to 160€);
- annual amount (from 0 (if ISEE-University <= € 22,000) to € 2,000);
Flat tax = €1,000 for international students (UE and non UE)
With a family income (ISEE-University < € 24,000) students are entitled to receive:
- Scholarship consisting of total exemption from taxes, cash share, canteen and accommodation service (for off-site students)
- Grants for international mobility
- Reduced rates for the use of sports facilities and cultural services
- Benefits for students completing their degrees within regulation time
Exclusively on grounds of merit, students can obtain:
- International mobility grants (Erasmus)
- Free accommodation and canteen services published in the call DUnicAL career program for student-athletes
Discover the career of former students
Life on Campus
In the largest and best equipped campus in Italy students will experience the sense of a unique university community, sharing educational, recreational, sporting and cultural events with fellow colleagues and professors. The Campus is equipped with lecture rooms, a sports center, theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas, cafes, refreshment areas and other places for socialization, thus offering an extraordinary human and educational experience.Discover more
Services to Students
Unical is organized as an independent town that provides the best possible solutions of accommodation for students and staff living on campus, because it offers multiple services for study activities and for individual and collective well-being: libraries, the Language Learning Center, counselling and inclusion services. The Campus also includes a health center, a post office, a bank counter and a mindfulness dedicated area.Discover more
It complements and completes the services provided by the University of Calabria and has put into shape the idea of a British-American campus-style University. It encompasses 10 districts hosting the university residences, consisting of apartments with double and single rooms, living room, kitchen and toilets. In these districts there are common areas for study and recreational activities and sports, there are TV rooms, game rooms and gyms; launderettes and bike rental services are also available.Discover more
Request information for this course
If you want to know more about the Degree Course
For details on the contents of the individual courses, periods of training abroad, teachers, tutors, classrooms, laboratories, research centers, other structures and social initiatives visit the website of the Degree Course.Go to the institutional website