- The Degree Program welcomes 230 students per year.
- Traditional lectures are flanked by several activities in computer labs
- Students acquire skills necessary to work in multiple contexts in companies, banks, and public institutions
- Study periods abroad and internships in companies and institutions
- Multidisciplinary curriculum with special focus on economics, business, statistics, and finance
- Economic disciplines: Micro- and Macroeconomics, Industrial Economy, Economic Policy, Public Economy, and Economics of Human Resources
- Business disciplines (Business Economics, Accounting, Economics and Management of Enterprises) and finance (Financial Mathematics; Investment Techniques and Management)
- Public, private, commercial and administrative law
- Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science and English
Students participate in a call for admission. Admission requirements are listed in the announcements:
- early (deadline May 30th): recommended to secure a place; high school seniors may also participate, students are admitted through a selective test TOLC
- standard (July/August)
- postponed (September/October), if there are still places available
Only those admitted can enroll. Non-EU students can participate in a specific call (March / April), pre-registration on universitaly.it is required
L33 Economic Sciences
The course provides a multidisciplinary education in economics thanks to the study of decision-making processes in companies (related to production, prices, employment, investments, innovation, etc..), and in the public administration, as well as the analysis of macroeconomic phenomena and market features of the productive sectors.Economic skills combine with a focus on mathematical-statistical subjects, a thorough knowledge of business disciplines (business management, accounting, finance) and of the foundations of public and private law.
Students with a high school diploma or similar qualification obtained abroad and recognized as suitable by the University. Ad-hoc knowledge to access the course requires skills in basic mathematics and the understanding of texts in Italian, which is assessed through a non-selective test.
Providing the skills of economic analysts at micro-and macroeconomic levels, ensuring solid education in quantitative subjects and in business and legal disciplines. These tools will be employed by graduates to address business decision-making processes, understand economic phenomena, and public policies.
The program trains professional economists who will work in private companies, banks, public organizations, trade associations and research institutions. Other employment opportunities are in the field of training and consulting. Graduates in Economics can sit for the State examination to obtain the qualification of accounting expert.
Fees, contributions and exemptions
Costs calculated based on family income (ISEE-University) and including:
- fee for the equal access to university studies (from 130€ to 160€);
- annual amount (from 0 (if ISEE-University <= € 22,000) to € 2,000);
Flat tax = €1,000 for international students (UE and non UE)
With a family income (ISEE-University < € 24,000) students are entitled to receive:
- Scholarship consisting of total exemption from taxes, cash share, canteen and accommodation service (for off-site students)
- Grants for international mobility
- Reduced rates for the use of sports facilities and cultural services
- Benefits for students completing their degrees within regulation time
Exclusively on grounds of merit, students can obtain:
- International mobility grants (Erasmus)
- Free accommodation and canteen services published in the call DUnicAL career program for student-athletes.
Life on Campus
In the largest and best equipped campus in Italy students will experience the sense of a unique university community, sharing educational, recreational, sporting and cultural events with fellow colleagues and professors. The Campus is equipped with lecture rooms, a sports center, theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas, cafes, refreshment areas and other places for socialization, thus offering an extraordinary human and educational experience.Discover more
Services to Students
Unical is organized as an independent town that provides the best possible solutions of accommodation for students and staff living on campus, because it offers multiple services for study activities and for individual and collective well-being: libraries, the Language Learning Center, counselling and inclusion services. The Campus also includes a health center, a post office, a bank counter and a mindfulness dedicated area.Discover more
It complements and completes the services provided by the University of Calabria and has put into shape the idea of a British-American campus-style University. It encompasses 10 districts hosting the university residences, consisting of apartments with double and single rooms, living room, kitchen and toilets. In these districts there are common areas for study and recreational activities and sports, there are TV rooms, game rooms and gyms; launderettes and bike rental services are also available.Discover more
Request information for this course
If you want to know more about the Degree Course
For details on the contents of the individual courses, periods of training abroad, teachers, tutors, classrooms, laboratories, research centers, other structures and social initiatives visit the website of the Degree Course.Go to the institutional website