- The only degree program in a public university of the degree class LM-49 “Design and Management of Tourism Systems” in Calabria
- 230-hour internship in more than two hundred companies, public bodies and organizations in the tourism sector, where students acquire skills useful for their future career
- Internationalization of the course of study
- Employment opportunities already within the first year of graduation
- Study experiences and internships abroad
- The course of studies offers an ad-hoc distribution of educational activities over the years. Students will acquire advanced knowledge, also through the use of language skills, based on the principle of interdisciplinarity in sociology, law, history – culture, economics – management and territorial analysis.
- Graduates, therefore, will be able to deal with complex tourism systems. Internships play an important role in the program with 230 hours devoted to these activities.
Students participate in competition examination. Admission requirements can be found in the admission announcement. Enrollment stages are the following:
- Early (July)
- Standard (September)
- Postponed (October/December): if places are still available
After the publication of the final ranking, admitted students can enroll by paying the first fee instalment. Non-EU students can participate in a specific call (March / April); Pre-registration on universitaly.it is required
For the announcement of admission, the attachments and further information consult the section dedicated to master’s degrees
LM49 Design and Management of Tourism Systems
The Master’s Degree Course in Enhancement of Cultural Tourism Systems at the University of Calabria, trains professional figures, that are able to interpret tourism potential and territorial issues, such us sustainability and vocations, and to outline and implement the most suitable strategies for the development of tourist destinations. The degree is organized based on a curriculum that includes different areas of expertise: economics, business, management, social issues, geography, history and art, statistics and quantitative data.
A Bachelor’s degree, or another qualification obtained abroad and recognized as suitable is necessary to access the program. In addition, curricular requirements and adequate personal preparation is a requisite, based on the indications published in the announcement of the admission competition (requirements for graduates in the degree classes L-15 or 39).
The Master’s degree in “Enhancement of Cultural Tourism Systems” aims to train professionals (experts, managers, officials, etc.) who – by adopting the approach of sustainable tourism – work in the design and management of tourism systems and in the enhancement of the territory and its cultural and natural resources.
Graduates will find employment opportunities in: tourism companies dealing with the hotel industry and incoming; the creation and organization of tourism products, events and reception services; government institutions, either centralized or decentralized; cultural and environmental heritage and local development.
Fees, contributions and exemptions
Costs calculated based on family income (ISEE-University) and including:
- fee for the equal access to university studies (from 130€ to 160€);
- annual amount (from 0 (if ISEE-University <= € 22,000) to € 2,000);
Flat tax = €1,000 for international students (UE and non UE)
With a family income (ISEE-University < € 24,000) students are entitled to receive:
- Scholarship consisting of total exemption from taxes, cash share, canteen and accommodation service (for off-site students)
- Grants for international mobility
- educed rates for the use of sports facilities and cultural services
- Benefits for students completing their degrees within regulation time
Exclusively on grounds of merit, students can obtain:
- International mobility grants (Erasmus)
- Free accommodation and canteen services published in the call DUnicAL career program for student-athletes.
Discover the career of former students
Life on Campus
In the largest and best equipped campus in Italy students will experience the sense of a unique university community, sharing educational, recreational, sporting and cultural events with fellow colleagues and professors. The Campus is equipped with lecture rooms, a sports center, theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas, cafes, refreshment areas and other places for socialization, thus offering an extraordinary human and educational experience.Discover more
Services to Students
Unical is organized as an independent town that provides the best possible solutions of accommodation for students and staff living on campus, because it offers multiple services for study activities and for individual and collective well-being: libraries, the Language Learning Center, counselling and inclusion services. The Campus also includes a health center, a post office, a bank counter and a mindfulness dedicated area.Discover more
It complements and completes the services provided by the University of Calabria and has put into shape the idea of a British-American campus-style University. It encompasses 10 districts hosting the university residences, consisting of apartments with double and single rooms, living room, kitchen and toilets. In these districts there are common areas for study and recreational activities and sports, there are TV rooms, game rooms and gyms; launderettes and bike rental services are also available.Discover more
Request information for this course
If you want to know more about the Degree Course
For details on the contents of the individual courses, periods of training abroad, teachers, tutors, classrooms, laboratories, research centers, other structures and social initiatives visit the website of the Degree Course.Go to the institutional website