- Course accredited by the Society of Actuaries – SOA (American professional association promoting the profession of actuary and ad-hoc training worldwide)
- Memberships in international projects and initiatives (e.g. Intensive School Manhattan Institute of Management, New York City)
- Close contact with the world of work: internships in companies and cycle of seminars “Experience Days”.
Topics and focus
- quantitative models applied to finance
- financial econometrics
- mathematics for life insurance
- Economics of financial markets
- Law of financial intermediaries
- Actuarial techniques for social insurance
- Actuarial techniques used in company valuations
- Theoretical lectures, exercises and workshops
- Development of individual and group projects
Students participate in competition examination. Admission requirements can be found in the admission announcement. Enrollment stages are the following:
- Early (July)
- Standard (September)
- Postponed (October/December): if places are still available
After the publication of the final ranking, admitted students can enroll by paying the first fee instalment. Non-EU students can participate in a specific call (March / April); Pre-registration on universitaly.it is required
For the announcement of admission, the attachments and further information consult the section dedicated to master’s degrees
The course aims to provide students with an in-depth knowledge in the design and management of complex financial and insurance products, the understanding of the organization and functioning of financial and insurance markets, the definition and management of public and private pension systems, the measurement of risks related to individual financial and insurance products and, more generally, to management activities carried out by financial and insurance intermediaries.
Graduation (or equivalent qualification obtained abroad) in disciplines such as economics, business administration, statistics, and mathematics. Students interested in quantitative methods applied to finance and insurance.
Developing skills to manage complex financial and insurance products and to carry out technical work in the field of insurance. Possessing analytical and quantitative tools for processing financial transactions. Knowledge of the tools necessary to analyze financial and insurance markets.
The course allows students to access management profiles in banks, financial intermediation companies, consulting firms, and financial market supervisory authorities. After passing the state exam graduates qualify to work as actuaries.
Fees, contributions and exemptions
Costs calculated based on family income (ISEE-University) and including:
- fee for the equal access to university studies (from 130€ to 160€);
- annual amount (from 0 (if ISEE-University <= € 22,000) to € 2,000);
Flat tax = €1,000 for international students (UE and non UE)
With a family income (ISEE-University < € 24,000) students are entitled to receive:
- Scholarship consisting of total exemption from taxes, cash share, canteen and accommodation service (for off-site students)
- Grants for international mobility
- Reduced rates for the use of sports facilities and cultural services
- Benefits for students completing their degrees within regulation time
Exclusively on grounds of merit, students can obtain:
- International mobility grants (Erasmus)
- Free accommodation and canteen services published in the call DUnicAL career program for student-athletes.
- Scholarships for non-EU students
Discover the career of former students
Life on Campus
In the largest and best equipped campus in Italy students will experience the sense of a unique university community, sharing educational, recreational, sporting and cultural events with fellow colleagues and professors. The Campus is equipped with lecture rooms, a sports center, theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas, cafes, refreshment areas and other places for socialization, thus offering an extraordinary human and educational experience.Discover more
Services to Students
Unical is organized as an independent town that provides the best possible solutions of accommodation for students and staff living on campus, because it offers multiple services for study activities and for individual and collective well-being: libraries, the Language Learning Center, counselling and inclusion services. The Campus also includes a health center, a post office, a bank counter and a mindfulness dedicated area.Discover more
It complements and completes the services provided by the University of Calabria and has put into shape the idea of a British-American campus-style University. It encompasses 10 districts hosting the university residences, consisting of apartments with double and single rooms, living room, kitchen and toilets. In these districts there are common areas for study and recreational activities and sports, there are TV rooms, game rooms and gyms; launderettes and bike rental services are also available.Discover more
Request information for this course
If you want to know more about the Degree Course
For details on the contents of the individual courses, periods of training abroad, teachers, tutors, classrooms, laboratories, research centers, other structures and social initiatives visit the website of the Degree Course.Go to the institutional website