Coexistence. Participation. Citizenship;
- Stimulating and dynamic study environment
- Mastery of political/institutional dynamics;
- Methodological and conceptual instruments to discover society and global phenomena;
- Employment in public, private and third sector administrations at regional, national and supranational levels in various areas.
- Mastery of the languages and expressions of cinema and media
- Cinema and media
- Photography and Television
- Sociology and Politology
- Languages (English and French)
- Philosophy of Language
- Anthropology and History
- Law, economics, and computer science
- Development of creative projects
- lectures and laboratories
- Individual and group work
All areas contribute to an integrated training, which will allow graduates to easily work in the new profiles of communication.
Students participate in a call for admission. Admission requirements are listed in the announcements:
- early (deadline May 30th): recommended to secure a place; high school seniors may also participate, students are admitted through a selective test TOLC
- standard (July/August)
- postponed (September/October), if there are still places available
Only those admitted can enroll. Non-EU students can participate in a specific call (March / April), pre-registration on universitaly.it is required
L20 Communication Sciences
The program is addressed to students who want to work in the field of digital communication. The program is characterized by a wide interdisciplinary offer, which guarantees flexibility and adaptability to different areas of communication. Teaching activities allow students to acquire knowledge in the fields of philosophy of language, cinema and new media, history and anthropology, political and legal sciences, sociology, computer science and economics. The program also includes a series of laboratory activities, useful to strengthen and enhance the skills acquired.
Students with a secondary school diploma (5-year course) and students with any other qualification obtained abroad and recognized as suitable. Ideal candidates are students with an interest in digital culture, passion for cinema and visual culture, and attention to social issues and the challenges they pose.
Training communication operators and professionals, able to master the mechanisms and tools of digital culture, to use them in an effective and original way and to adapt them to different communication environments, thanks to a solid and wide cultural background.
Employment opportunities include public and private contexts, where communication activities are necessary, such as: web editing; social media management; journalism and multimedia content; film criticism; project management; copywriting; public opinion analysis; press office; production assistant for cinema, TV and the web.
Fees, contributions and exemptions
Costs calculated based on family income (ISEE-University) and including:
- fee for the equal access to university studies (from 130€ to 160€);
- annual amount (from 0 (if ISEE-University <= € 22,000) to € 2,000);
Flat tax = €1,000 for international students (UE and non UE)
With a family income (ISEE-University < € 24,000) students are entitled to receive:
- Scholarship consisting of total exemption from taxes, cash share, canteen and accommodation service (for off-site students)
- Grants for international mobility
- Reduced rates for the use of sports facilities and cultural services
- Benefits for students completing their degrees within regulation time
Exclusively on grounds of merit, students can obtain:
- International mobility grants (Erasmus)
- Free accommodation and canteen services published in the call DUnicAL career program for student-athletes.
Life on Campus
In the largest and best equipped campus in Italy students will experience the sense of a unique university community, sharing educational, recreational, sporting and cultural events with fellow colleagues and professors. The Campus is equipped with lecture rooms, a sports center, theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas, cafes, refreshment areas and other places for socialization, thus offering an extraordinary human and educational experience.Discover more
Services to Students
Unical is organized as an independent town that provides the best possible solutions of accommodation for students and staff living on campus, because it offers multiple services for study activities and for individual and collective well-being: libraries, the Language Learning Center, counselling and inclusion services. The Campus also includes a health center, a post office, a bank counter and a mindfulness dedicated area.Discover more
It complements and completes the services provided by the University of Calabria and has put into shape the idea of a British-American campus-style University. It encompasses 10 districts hosting the university residences, consisting of apartments with double and single rooms, living room, kitchen and toilets. In these districts there are common areas for study and recreational activities and sports, there are TV rooms, game rooms and gyms; launderettes and bike rental services are also available.Discover more
Request information for this course
If you want to know more about the Degree Course
For details on the contents of the individual courses, periods of training abroad, teachers, tutors, classrooms, laboratories, research centers, other structures and social initiatives visit the website of the Degree Course.Go to the institutional website