Additional competences along with those typical of the medical curriculum will allow graduates to:
- become professionals capable of addressing current and future challenges in healthcare;
- manage and lead innovation based on the knowledge acquired on new technologies;
- be experts in Artificial Intelligence and Bioinformatics, which represent new frontier areas for precision medicine.
Core subjects for the understanding of human physiology and pathological changes (e.g., Biology, Histology, Human Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, General Pathology, Pharmacology, etc.);
- Clinical subjects of the medical and surgical area to access the medical profession;
- Core Engineering subjects (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science);
- Advanced technological subjects (Bioinformatics, Artificial Intelligence, Biomechanics, etc.).
Students participate in a call for admission. Admission requirements are listed in the announcement (June/July). Enrolment is based on the ranking of candidates in the merit list according to the score they have obtained, the vacancy assigned to the various Universities and the preferences expressed by the candidates when registering for the call. In order to enroll, successful candidates will have to comply with the terms and conditions specified in the announcement of admission.
LM41 Medicine and Surgery
The degree course includes a total of 360 university credits (ETCS), over six years, including at least 60 ETCS to be acquired in practical training activities, aimed at the acquisition of specific professional skills, and 11 ETCS for the thesis. The learning activities are based on lessons, including theoretical lectures, trainings and practical laboratory activities.
Admission to the degree course is subject to the submission of an application and passing the test provided by the Ministry of University and Research. Students need to be listed in the national ranking.
The learning objectives and the specific contents of the course units are focused on the role of the Medical profession in society, responding to the needs of healthcare protection and corresponding to the indispensable knowledge and skills necessary for the professional practice.
The profession of Surgeon and access to competitions for the Schools of Specialization of Medicine and Surgery.
Managerial roles in public and private cutting-edge facilities, based on the skills acquired in the use of new medical technologies, bioinformatics and artificial intelligence.
Fees, contributions and exemptions
Costs calculated based on family income (ISEE-University) and including:
- fee for the equal access to university studies (from 130€ to 160€);
- annual amount (from 0 (if ISEE-University <= € 22,000) to € 2,000);
Flat tax = €1,000 for international students (UE and non UE)
With a family income (ISEE-University < € 24,000) students are entitled to receive:
- Scholarship consisting of total exemption from taxes, cash share, canteen and accommodation service (for off-site students)
- Grants for international mobility
- Reduced rates for the use of sports facilities and cultural services
- Benefits for students completing their degrees within regulation time
Exclusively on grounds of merit, students can obtain:
- International mobility grants (Erasmus)
- Free accommodation and canteen services published in the call DUnicAL career program for student-athletes
Life on Campus
In the largest and best equipped campus in Italy students will experience the sense of a unique university community, sharing educational, recreational, sporting and cultural events with fellow colleagues and professors. The Campus is equipped with lecture rooms, a sports center, theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas, cafes, refreshment areas and other places for socialization, thus offering an extraordinary human and educational experience.Discover more
Services to Students
Unical is organized as an independent town that provides the best possible solutions of accommodation for students and staff living on campus, because it offers multiple services for study activities and for individual and collective well-being: libraries, the Language Learning Center, counselling and inclusion services. The Campus also includes a health center, a post office, a bank counter and a mindfulness dedicated area.Discover more
It complements and completes the services provided by the University of Calabria and has put into shape the idea of a British-American campus-style University. It encompasses 10 districts hosting the university residences, consisting of apartments with double and single rooms, living room, kitchen and toilets. In these districts there are common areas for study and recreational activities and sports, there are TV rooms, game rooms and gyms; launderettes and bike rental services are also available.Discover more
Request information for this course
If you want to know more about the Degree Course
For details on the contents of the individual courses, periods of training abroad, teachers, tutors, classrooms, laboratories, research centers, other structures and social initiatives visit the website of the Degree Course.Go to the institutional website