- Professional qualification for public and private working contexts inherent to the field of human nutrition and agri-food.
- Internships with public and private companies/ organizations of the sector
- Guaranteed employment (100%) within 5 years after graduation
- Stimulating and dynamic learning environmentCurricula focused on the use of innovative technologies to be applied to the field of food and human nutritionCurricula in
- Nutrient requirements, metabolism and assessment of nutritional status
- Nutrigenomics and epigenetics
- Relationship between food and microorganisms
- Management of agri-food systems
- Food science and technology
- Endocrine regulation of metabolism and physio-pathological correlations
- Nutritional and health implications of the Mediterranean Diet
- Food supplements and nutraceuticals
- Interaction between drugs and nutrients
- Laboratory activities
- Ability to problem solving
Students participate in competition examination. Admission requirements can be found in the admission announcement. Enrollment stages are the following:
- Standard (September)
- Postponed (October/December): if places are still available
After the publication of the final ranking, admitted students can enroll by paying the first fee instalment. Non-EU students can participate in a specific call (March / April); Pre-registration on universitaly.it is required
For the announcement of admission, the attachments and further information consult the section dedicated to master’s degrees
LM61 Human Nutrition Sciences
The degree course trains Nutritional Specialists with in-depth knowledge of the influence of food and nutrients at a molecular level on the individual’s health and their role in the prevention of diseases with a high epidemiological impact. Particular attention will be given to the knowledge of nutritional values of micro and macronutrients of foods typical of the Mediterranean Diet. Graduates will be able to use innovative technologies both to assess food quality and safety and to prepare tailored nutritional diets for personalized medical interventions.
The admission test is open to candidates with a degree in L-2/13/26/27/29, L-SNT03/04, LM-6/9/13/41/42/69/70/86, LM- SNT03/04 or at least 60 ETCS in SSD AGR, BIO, CHIM, INF, MAT, MED, SECS-P, VET, according to the requirements of the announcement. For the English language curriculum, at least a B2 level of language proficiency in English is required.
Training nutritional specialists in new technologies both in the field of nutrigenomics, proteomics and clinical proteomics and in the assessment of food quality and safety in order to prepare tailored nutritional programs for personalized medical interventions.
The main job opportunities include all contexts where expertise of the Biology profession is needed. Graduates will be able to perform professional work in the field of food and human nutrition.
Fees, contributions and exemptions
Costs calculated based on family income (ISEE-University) and including:
- fee for the equal access to university studies (from 130€ to 160€);
- annual amount (from 0 (if ISEE-University <= € 22,000) to € 2,000);
Flat tax = €1,000 for international students (UE and non UE)
With a family income (ISEE-University < € 24,000) students are entitled to receive:
- Scholarship consisting of total exemption from taxes, cash share, canteen and accommodation service (for off-site students)
- Grants for international mobility
- Reduced rates for the use of sports facilities and cultural services
- Benefits for students completing their degrees within regulation time
Exclusively on grounds of merit, students can obtain:
- International mobility grants (Erasmus)
- Free accommodation and canteen services published in the call DUnicAL career program for student-athletes.
- Scholarships for non-EU students Facilitated access to STEM programs
- prizes for excellent students
- higher scholarships for female students
Discover the career of former students
Nutritionist Biologist. Post-graduate degree in "Innovation in Food Science and Technology - Ferrero".
Salvatore Samuele Multari
Technology Transfer Manager – Agrifood at HIT - Hub Innovazione Trentino
Assistant Professor in Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Ferrara (Italy).
Nutritionist Biologist in private practices and biomedical centers in Calabria.
Life on Campus
In the largest and best equipped campus in Italy students will experience the sense of a unique university community, sharing educational, recreational, sporting and cultural events with fellow colleagues and professors. The Campus is equipped with lecture rooms, a sports center, theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas, cafes, refreshment areas and other places for socialization, thus offering an extraordinary human and educational experience.Discover more
Services to Students
Unical is organized as an independent town that provides the best possible solutions of accommodation for students and staff living on campus, because it offers multiple services for study activities and for individual and collective well-being: libraries, the Language Learning Center, counselling and inclusion services. The Campus also includes a health center, a post office, a bank counter and a mindfulness dedicated area.Discover more
It complements and completes the services provided by the University of Calabria and has put into shape the idea of a British-American campus-style University. It encompasses 10 districts hosting the university residences, consisting of apartments with double and single rooms, living room, kitchen and toilets. In these districts there are common areas for study and recreational activities and sports, there are TV rooms, game rooms and gyms; launderettes and bike rental services are also available.Discover more
Request information for this course
If you want to know more about the Degree Course
For details on the contents of the individual courses, periods of training abroad, teachers, tutors, classrooms, laboratories, research centers, other structures and social initiatives visit the website of the Degree Course.Go to the institutional website