- Analysis of the needs of individuals, families and communities;
- Design of interventions aimed at fulfilling needs or at overcoming situations of discomfort, marginalization, and social exclusion;
- Coordination of action programs and organizational management of measures;
- Evaluation of implemented actions and of their outcomes for the final beneficiaries, as well as of the achievement of pre-specified targets.
Students will deal with: Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Law and Rights, History, Political Science, and English. The teaching approach of the Master’s degree program combines traditional and experiential modes. Specifically:
- Theoretical lectures flanked by practical exercises and laboratories
- Development of individual and group projects
- Talks with social workers
Students participate in competition examination. Admission requirements can be found in the admission announcement. Enrollment stages are the following:
- Early (July)
- Standard (September)
- Postponed (October/December): if places are still available
After the publication of the final ranking, admitted students can enroll by paying the first fee instalment. Non-EU students can participate in a specific call (March / April); Pre-registration on universitaly.it is required
For the announcement of admission, the attachments and further information consult the section dedicated to master’s degrees
LM87 Social Service and Social Policies
The program offers a course of studies that trains experts able to organize, develop and coordinate actions on issues such as social and health integration, services to individuals and families, migration and intercultural relations, social exclusion and marginality, as well as welfare policies. These experts will identify the appropriate policies to meet traditional and new social needs, to plan the development of informal and formal, community and institutional infrastructures, and to generate welfare in nowadays complex and ever-changing society.
To enroll in the Master’s Degree Program in Political Science and Social Services, students should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work (L-39) or an equivalent degree.
The program is aimed at acquiring knowledge on professional methodologies and interdisciplinary scientific training that is necessary to analyze and correctly interpret contexts, paying attention to current processes that potentially generate new forms of discomfort and exclusion.
Access to the State Examination for Roll A of Social Workers. Management of services, facilities, departments, and operating units of social and social health services; profit and nonprofit organizations. Experts in social programming and planning; supervisors of the work of professional social workers; intercultural relations and mediation.
Fees, contributions and exemptions
Costs calculated based on family income (ISEE-University) and including:
- fee for the equal access to university studies (from 130€ to 160€);
- annual amount (from 0 (if ISEE-University <= € 22,000) to € 2,000);
Flat tax = €1,000 for international students (UE and non UE)
With a family income (ISEE-University < € 24,000) students are entitled to receive:
- Scholarship consisting of total exemption from taxes, cash share, canteen and accommodation service (for off-site students)
- Grants for international mobility
- educed rates for the use of sports facilities and cultural services
- Benefits for students completing their degrees within regulation time
Exclusively on grounds of merit, students can obtain:
- International mobility grants (Erasmus)
- Students participate in a call for admission. Admission requirements are listed in the announcement. Enrollment stages are the following: a) early (July) b) standard (September) c) postponed (October/December), if places are still available. After the publication of the final ranking list, admitted students can enroll, by paying the first fee instalment Non-EU students can participate in a specific call (March / April); Pre-registration on universitaly.it is requiredFree accommodation and canteen services published in the call DUnicAL career program for student-athletes.
Discover the career of former students
Life on Campus
In the largest and best equipped campus in Italy students will experience the sense of a unique university community, sharing educational, recreational, sporting and cultural events with fellow colleagues and professors. The Campus is equipped with lecture rooms, a sports center, theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas, cafes, refreshment areas and other places for socialization, thus offering an extraordinary human and educational experience.Discover more
Services to Students
Unical is organized as an independent town that provides the best possible solutions of accommodation for students and staff living on campus, because it offers multiple services for study activities and for individual and collective well-being: libraries, the Language Learning Center, counselling and inclusion services. The Campus also includes a health center, a post office, a bank counter and a mindfulness dedicated area.Discover more
It complements and completes the services provided by the University of Calabria and has put into shape the idea of a British-American campus-style University. It encompasses 10 districts hosting the university residences, consisting of apartments with double and single rooms, living room, kitchen and toilets. In these districts there are common areas for study and recreational activities and sports, there are TV rooms, game rooms and gyms; launderettes and bike rental services are also available.Discover more
Request information for this course
If you want to know more about the Degree Course
For details on the contents of the individual courses, periods of training abroad, teachers, tutors, classrooms, laboratories, research centers, other structures and social initiatives visit the website of the Degree Course.Go to the institutional website