- Qualifying title for teaching in pre-schools and elementary schools Courses or teachers’ training organized at a local level
- High probability of a fast inclusion in the school system
- Possibility to enter the employment market also as educators Scientific and humanistic training, which promotes the development of critical thinking 600 hours of direct and indirect internship guided by teachers acting as tutors
Topics and focus
- psycho-pedagogical and methodological-didactical
- historical-social-geographical as well as English language laboratories, carried out in the five years of the course.
- Interdisciplinary approach to promote interconnection between disciplines and enhance active, laboratory and inclusive teaching
- Interaction with the school system with internship activities carried out at UniCal or in affiliated schools
Students participate in a competition examination. Admission requirements can be found in the admission announcement (June/July). After the publication of the final ranking, admitted students can enroll by paying the first fee instalment.
LM85-bis Primary Education Sciences
The course aims to prepare students to work as teachers in kindergarten and elementary school and offers advanced theoretical and practical training. The five-year, single-cycle degree course provides students with humanistic and scientific knowledge, as well as socio-psycho-pedagogical, disciplinary, managerial and ethical skills that are fundamental for the various educational and teaching activities necessary to work as a teacher. Graduates from this course are experts in the design and implementation of educational pathways, as well as in the evaluation of learning outcomes.
Students interested in the teaching profession and, therefore, in the theories and practices of educational processes. It is necessary to have obtained a secondary school diploma or possess an equivalent qualification obtained abroad. There will be an admission test based on ministerial indications.
The course trains professional educators, who will be able to consciously operate in a segment of the school process that is considered increasingly crucial. The course allows to deal with and manage the dynamics of preschools and elementary school in the context of a globalized world and according to the model of universal planning.
The course allows graduates to:
- access the competitive examination to become a permanent teacher
- be included in the second tier of the lists for substitute teachers
- access specialization courses for teaching support to students with disabilities and ‘Educator of educational services for children’ in kindergartens and elementary schools
Fees, contributions and exemptions
Costs calculated based on family income (ISEE-University) and including:
- fee for the equal access to university studies (from 130€ to 160€);
- annual amount (from 0 (if ISEE-University <= € 22,000) to € 2,000);
Flat tax = €1,000 for international students (UE and non UE)
With a family income (ISEE-University < € 24,000) students are entitled to receive:
- Scholarship consisting of total exemption from taxes, cash share, canteen and accommodation service (for off-site students)
- Grants for international mobility
- Reduced rates for the use of sports facilities and cultural services
- Benefits for students completing their degrees within regulation time
Exclusively on grounds of merit, students can obtain:
- International mobility grants (Erasmus)
- Free accommodation and canteen services published in the call DUnicAL career program for student-athletes.
Discover the career of former students
Life on Campus
In the largest and best equipped campus in Italy students will experience the sense of a unique university community, sharing educational, recreational, sporting and cultural events with fellow colleagues and professors. The Campus is equipped with lecture rooms, a sports center, theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas, cafes, refreshment areas and other places for socialization, thus offering an extraordinary human and educational experience.Discover more
Services to Students
Unical is organized as an independent town that provides the best possible solutions of accommodation for students and staff living on campus, because it offers multiple services for study activities and for individual and collective well-being: libraries, the Language Learning Center, counselling and inclusion services. The Campus also includes a health center, a post office, a bank counter and a mindfulness dedicated area.Discover more
It complements and completes the services provided by the University of Calabria and has put into shape the idea of a British-American campus-style University. It encompasses 10 districts hosting the university residences, consisting of apartments with double and single rooms, living room, kitchen and toilets. In these districts there are common areas for study and recreational activities and sports, there are TV rooms, game rooms and gyms; launderettes and bike rental services are also available.Discover more
Request information for this course
If you want to know more about the Degree Course
For details on the contents of the individual courses, periods of training abroad, teachers, tutors, classrooms, laboratories, research centers, other structures and social initiatives visit the website of the Degree Course.Go to the institutional website