- The Interclass Master’s Degree in Sociology, Cooperation and Development provides training to understand dynamic changes in the contemporary world. In particular, the program provides theoretical knowledge and methodological instruments to promote analysis and research in the different fields of social investigation, and to design integrated, solidarity-based and sustainable development, as well as cooperation interventions.
- Through an interdisciplinary approach and with reference to the areas of development cooperation (at both international and local level) and social research, the Master’s Degree interclass program offers advanced theoretical and methodological knowledge in the fields of
Students participate in competition examination. Admission requirements can be found in the admission announcement. Enrollment stages are the following:
- Early (July)
- Standard (September)
- Postponed (October/December): if places are still available
After the publication of the final ranking, admitted students can enroll by paying the first fee instalment. Non-EU students can participate in a specific call (March / April); Pre-registration on universitaly.it is required
For the announcement of admission, the attachments and further information consult the section dedicated to master’s degrees
LM81 Sciences for Development Cooperation
LM88 Sociology and Social Research
The Master’s Degree in Sociology, Cooperation and Development offers theoretical knowledge and methodological instruments for social research, development and cooperation. The interdisciplinary program, supplemented with laboratory activities and opportunities for international mobility, aims to train professionals capable of working in research organizations and agencies, in the public and private sector or in the third sector. This is a unique interclass program at a national level, which offers greater opportunities to access the employment market.
Students with a degree or a bachelor’s degree in the L-1, L-5, L-6, L-11, L-12, L-15, L-16, L-18, L-19, L-20, L-21, L-25, L-26, L-32, L-33, L-36, L-37, L-39, L-40, L-41, L-42 degree classes; or graduate(s) in any other degree classes who have passed at least one examination in the subject areas of the degree classes L-37 or L-40.
The program offers students a chance to acquire advanced knowledge and competencies in the field of research and planning, to analyze the changes of contemporary society. An original curriculum allows graduates to work as a social researcher and as experts in development and cooperation.
Graduates will find a job in research centers, public institutions, associations, non-profit organizations, NGOs, international organizations, as researchers and experts in cooperation, development and communication, Euro-project planning, international development cooperators, project managers and local development agents.
Fees, contributions and exemptions
Costs calculated based on family income (ISEE-University) and including:
- fee for the equal access to university studies (from 130€ to 160€);
- annual amount (from 0 (if ISEE-University <= € 22,000) to € 2,000);
Flat tax = €1,000 for international students (UE and non UE)
With a family income (ISEE-University < € 24,000) students are entitled to receive:
- Scholarship consisting of total exemption from taxes, cash share, canteen and accommodation service (for off-site students)
- Grants for international mobility
- Reduced rates for the use of sports facilities and cultural services
- Benefits for students completing their degrees within regulation time
Exclusively on grounds of merit, students can obtain:
- International mobility grants (Erasmus)
- Free accommodation and canteen services published in the call DUnicAL career program for student-athletes.
Discover the career of former students
Life on Campus
In the largest and best equipped campus in Italy students will experience the sense of a unique university community, sharing educational, recreational, sporting and cultural events with fellow colleagues and professors. The Campus is equipped with lecture rooms, a sports center, theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas, cafes, refreshment areas and other places for socialization, thus offering an extraordinary human and educational experience.Discover more
Services to Students
Unical is organized as an independent town that provides the best possible solutions of accommodation for students and staff living on campus, because it offers multiple services for study activities and for individual and collective well-being: libraries, the Language Learning Center, counselling and inclusion services. The Campus also includes a health center, a post office, a bank counter and a mindfulness dedicated area.Discover more
It complements and completes the services provided by the University of Calabria and has put into shape the idea of a British-American campus-style University. It encompasses 10 districts hosting the university residences, consisting of apartments with double and single rooms, living room, kitchen and toilets. In these districts there are common areas for study and recreational activities and sports, there are TV rooms, game rooms and gyms; launderettes and bike rental services are also available.Discover more
Request information for this course
If you want to know more about the Degree Course
For details on the contents of the individual courses, periods of training abroad, teachers, tutors, classrooms, laboratories, research centers, other structures and social initiatives visit the website of the Degree Course.Go to the institutional website