- The only public university degree program in Calabria in the degree class L-15 “Science of Tourism”
- 230-hour internship in more than two hundred companies, institutions and organizations in the tourism sector, where students can acquire useful skills for their future working life.
- Choice between different specializations.
- Job opportunities within the first year of graduation.
- Local, national and international work opportunities.
The course of studies is organized in a two-year period common for both specializations where students focus on economics, business, sociology, culture and history, languages and law. Students attend an internship of 230 hours after the second year. In the third year, students choose between three courses of studies:
- Direction and Management of Tourism Companies (Dma);
- Social and Territorial Dynamics (Pst);
- Intercultural Course (Pic).
Conferences, seminars, guided tours, workshops and internships are organized in addition to lectures.
Students participate in a call for admission. Admission requirements are listed in the announcements:
- early (deadline May 30th): recommended to secure a place; high school seniors may also participate, students are admitted through a selective test TOLC
- standard (July/August)
- postponed (September/October), if there are still places available
Only those admitted can enroll. Non-EU students can participate in a specific call (March / April), pre-registration on universitaly.it is required
L15 Tourism Sciences
Graduates in Tourism Sciences at the University of Calabria are an indispensable human resource in the local processes of tourism expansion and delivery of tourism services, with professional skills that can be applied both to the management of tourism companies and in the public governance of tourism phenomena.
The degree program provides common basic skills and three distinct curricula, each offering crucial qualification in the managerial, social/territorial and intercultural fields.
Students are allowed to accrue the 24 Credits to access the competitive examination for teachers.
Students who have:
- completed secondary school (5-year course)
- students who have an equivalent qualification obtained abroad and recognized as suitable.
can be admitted to the degree program in Tourism Sciences. Students from all types of secondary school have so far enrolled in the program.
The aim of the degree program is to train graduates to work in various areas of the tourism sector, both at a public and private level. The Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism Science allows students to access Master’s Degree Courses (including the program in Enhancement of Tourism-Cultural Systems at Unical) and to First Level University Masters’ Courses.
Employment opportunities for graduates are both in the public and private sector and will deal with the promotion of the local and national, natural and cultural heritage, the development of cultural-tourism products, the management of tourism services/structures, as well as the promotion of tourism and the organization of events.
Fees, contributions and exemptions
Costs calculated based on family income (ISEE-University) and including:
- fee for the equal access to university studies (from 130€ to 160€);
- annual amount (from 0 (if ISEE-University <= € 22,000) to € 2,000);
Flat tax = €1,000 for international students (UE and non UE)
With a family income (ISEE-University < € 24,000) students are entitled to receive:
- Scholarship consisting of total exemption from taxes, cash share, canteen and accommodation service (for off-site students)
- Grants for international mobility
- Reduced rates for the use of sports facilities and cultural services
- Benefits for students completing their degrees within regulation time
Exclusively on grounds of merit, students can obtain:
- International mobility grants (Erasmus)
- Free accommodation and canteen services published in the call DUnicAL career program for student-athletes.
Discover the career of former students
Life on Campus
In the largest and best equipped campus in Italy students will experience the sense of a unique university community, sharing educational, recreational, sporting and cultural events with fellow colleagues and professors. The Campus is equipped with lecture rooms, a sports center, theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas, cafes, refreshment areas and other places for socialization, thus offering an extraordinary human and educational experience.Discover more
Services to Students
Unical is organized as an independent town that provides the best possible solutions of accommodation for students and staff living on campus, because it offers multiple services for study activities and for individual and collective well-being: libraries, the Language Learning Center, counselling and inclusion services. The Campus also includes a health center, a post office, a bank counter and a mindfulness dedicated area.Discover more
It complements and completes the services provided by the University of Calabria and has put into shape the idea of a British-American campus-style University. It encompasses 10 districts hosting the university residences, consisting of apartments with double and single rooms, living room, kitchen and toilets. In these districts there are common areas for study and recreational activities and sports, there are TV rooms, game rooms and gyms; launderettes and bike rental services are also available.Discover more
Request information for this course
If you want to know more about the Degree Course
For details on the contents of the individual courses, periods of training abroad, teachers, tutors, classrooms, laboratories, research centers, other structures and social initiatives visit the website of the Degree Course.Go to the institutional website