- Prepares professional to carry out technical activities in different fields of application, such as biotechnological production, in public and private research laboratories or industrial labs, especially in the field of environmental protection and biological remediation that have an impact on human beings.
- Provides practical-applicative education which is carried out at university or non-university facilities (companies, laboratories)
- Offers a stimulating and dynamic study environment
- chemistry and computer science
- study of organisms and microorganisms
- methodologies and advanced technologies of biochemistry
- genetic engineering, bioinformatics
- applied to industry, environment and diagnostics.
Consolidation of English and acquisition of basic knowledge of computer science are functional elements to the program.
Students participate in a call for admission. Admission requirements are listed in the announcements:
- early (deadline May 30th): recommended to secure a place; high school seniors may also participate, students are admitted through a selective test TOLC
- standard (July/August)
- postponed (September/October), if there are still places available
Only those admitted can enroll. Non-EU students can participate in a specific call (March / April), pre-registration on universitaly.it is required
L13 Biological Sciences
The interclass program provides interdisciplinary education in technological applications that rely on in-depth knowledge and mastery of biological systems. The degree program provides a solid theoretical background along with practical education on biological systems at cellular and molecular level. The Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences and Technologies will be a hallmark in the field of environmental applications and industrial development.
Students with a secondary school diploma and students with any other qualification obtained abroad and recognized as suitable. Ideal candidates are students with an interest in life sciences. Basic knowledge of Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry is required, as specified in the syllabus of the OnLine CISIA TOLC-B Test.
Providing solid knowledge of the different technological applications that are aimed at the production of goods and services, through the management of biological systems. Developing an important professional figure for both Calabria and the neighboring regions that are rich in environmental resources and potential for biotechnological development.
In territorial and extra-regional areas, in professions that require biology skills and applicative abilities regarding: management, use and modification of living organisms (microorganisms, animal and plant organisms); environmental, agri-food, pharmaceutical, health, biotechnology industry and scientific communication sector
Fees, contributions and exemptions
Costs calculated based on family income (ISEE-University) and including:
- fee for the equal access to university studies (from 130€ to 160€);
- annual amount (from 0 (if ISEE-University <= € 22,000) to € 2,000);
Flat tax = €1,000 for international students (UE and non UE)
With a family income (ISEE-University < € 24,000) students are entitled to receive:
- Scholarship consisting of total exemption from taxes, cash share, canteen and accommodation service (for off-site students)
- Grants for international mobility
- Reduced rates for the use of sports facilities and cultural services
- Benefits for students completing their degrees within regulation time
Exclusively on grounds of merit, students can obtain:
- International mobility grants (Erasmus)
- Free accommodation and canteen services published in the call DUnicAL career program for student-athletes. Facilitated access to STEM programs
- prizes for excellent students
- higher scholarships for female students
Life on Campus
In the largest and best equipped campus in Italy students will experience the sense of a unique university community, sharing educational, recreational, sporting and cultural events with fellow colleagues and professors. The Campus is equipped with lecture rooms, a sports center, theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas, cafes, refreshment areas and other places for socialization, thus offering an extraordinary human and educational experience.Discover more
Services to Students
Unical is organized as an independent town that provides the best possible solutions of accommodation for students and staff living on campus, because it offers multiple services for study activities and for individual and collective well-being: libraries, the Language Learning Center, counselling and inclusion services. The Campus also includes a health center, a post office, a bank counter and a mindfulness dedicated area.Discover more
It complements and completes the services provided by the University of Calabria and has put into shape the idea of a British-American campus-style University. It encompasses 10 districts hosting the university residences, consisting of apartments with double and single rooms, living room, kitchen and toilets. In these districts there are common areas for study and recreational activities and sports, there are TV rooms, game rooms and gyms; launderettes and bike rental services are also available.Discover more
Request information for this course
If you want to know more about the Degree Course
For details on the contents of the individual courses, periods of training abroad, teachers, tutors, classrooms, laboratories, research centers, other structures and social initiatives visit the website of the Degree Course.Go to the institutional website