- Professional qualifications in many working environments
- Preventive worker
- Stimulating and dynamic learning environment
- Theoretical-practical knowledge acquired in the different learning areas (biological, psychological, pedagogical and socio-cultural sciences – health care – ethical, behavioral and legal – statistics – epidemiological and hygienic-preventive sciences – computer science and languages).
- Knowing and understanding the physiological and pathological processes related to the state of health and disease.
- Knowing and understanding the individual’s developmental and adaptive processes and understand the relationship between individual/society/environment.
- Knowing and understanding the basic principles of general and applied hygiene, health determinants, the risk factors of the most important and frequent infectious and chronic-degenerative diseases and the main prevention strategies.
Admission to the degree course is subject to a competitive examination, the requirements are listed in the announcement issued by the Magna Graecia University of Catanzaro. The fulfillment of the admission to the degree course is subject to medical verification of psycho-physical suitability for the performance of the specific functions of the professional profile, which takes place before the start of the professional training activities.
LM/SNT04 Sciences of Health Professions of Prevention
The degree course in Health Care prepares health professionals able to: identify population’s healthcare needs, by determining the priorities for preventive, therapeutic and rehabilitative interventions; manage the whole process of a vaccination campaign; carry out health surveillance for the prevention and propagation of microorganisms of infectious diseases; contribute to the fulfilment of initiatives aimed at citizens’ rights protection related to healthcare enhancement. The degree course lasts three years and qualifies for professional practice.
Candidates with a high school diploma can be admitted to the Degree Course or an equivalent foreign qualification, according to art. 6 of the Ministerial Decree of 22 October 2004 n. 270. The degree course has a limited access. The number of eligible students should fall within the limits defined by the degree class.
The Healthcare Assistant, as indicated more thoroughly in the relevant declaratory judgement, is a worker possessing the skills specified in the decree of the Minister of Health No. 69 of 17 January 1997. The activity of the graduate is dedicated to health prevention, promotion and education.
Graduates in Health Care can practice their profession, carrying out their work independently, in the National Health Service facilities, in private companies or institutes and foundations, as employees and / or freelance professionals.
Fees, contributions and exemptions
Costs calculated based on family income (ISEE-University) and composed of:
- fee for the equal access to university studies (from 130€ to 160€);
- annual amount (from 0 to 1.764€);
- exemptions for disabled students,
- exemptions for family members of students already enrolled
With ISEE- < € 23.626,32 and ISPE < € 51.361,58 students are entitled to:
- Scholarship consisting of cash share, canteen and accommodation service (for off-site students)
- Grants for international mobility
- Benefits for students completing their degrees with a grade of at least 110/110
For students with a recognized level of disability equal to or greater than 66%, there are special and more favorable conditions to access benefits, as well as a reserved share of scholarships. Additional contributions for participation in the Socrates/Erasmus Program.
Life on Campus
In the largest and best equipped campus in Italy students will experience the sense of a unique university community, sharing educational, recreational, sporting and cultural events with fellow colleagues and professors. The Campus is equipped with lecture rooms, a sports center, theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas, cafes, refreshment areas and other places for socialization, thus offering an extraordinary human and educational experience.Discover more
Services to Students
Unical is organized as an independent town that provides the best possible solutions of accommodation for students and staff living on campus, because it offers multiple services for study activities and for individual and collective well-being: libraries, the Language Learning Center, counselling and inclusion services. The Campus also includes a health center, a post office, a bank counter and a mindfulness dedicated area.Discover more
It complements and completes the services provided by the University of Calabria and has put into shape the idea of a British-American campus-style University. It encompasses 10 districts hosting the university residences, consisting of apartments with double and single rooms, living room, kitchen and toilets. In these districts there are common areas for study and recreational activities and sports, there are TV rooms, game rooms and gyms; launderettes and bike rental services are also available.Discover more
Request information for this course
If you want to know more about the Degree Course
For details on the contents of the individual courses, periods of training abroad, teachers, tutors, classrooms, laboratories, research centers, other structures and social initiatives visit the website of the Degree Course.Go to the institutional website